For more energy-saving tips from us here at BBC Good Food, read our guide to energy-efficient cooking. And if you’re looking to stock up, our best energy-efficient appliances guide features the very best low-wattage appliances.
Once you’ve settled on the stand mixer you want, come back to us here. We’re tracking the price of stand mixers daily and will be updating this page regularly. Why not bookmark this page, so it’s easy to access?
Which retailers have stand mixer deals?
- Very – the ‘Very Big Sale’ now on until 12th October
- Amazon – Prime Big Deal Days now live on 10th-11th October
- John Lewis and Partners – savings across home appliances, coffee machines and more
- Currys – up to 30% off hundreds of products until 12th October
- Lakeland – discounts across a range of small kitchen gadgets
- Boots Appliances – deals across large appliances
- Appliances Direct – end-of-season sale now on, with up to 40% off
- AO.com – savings on ovens, dishwashers, coffee machines and more
- Harts of Stur – savings on the RRP of top-rated kitchen appliances
- Argos – discounts on small and large electricals
- Robert Dyas – deals across the entire product range
- Kenwood – autumn sale now on, with discounts on stand mixers and food prep
- KitchenAid – 15% off hand blenders, plus free bread bowls with selected stand mixers
- Sage – make savings on coffee machines, pizza ovens, blenders and more
- Ninja – save up to £80 on selected Ninja products
Stand mixer deals 2023
Kenwood Titanium Chef Baker XL
Best stand mixer for large quantities
Star rating: 5/5
The younger sibling of the Chef Patissier XL, the Chef Baker comes with in-built scales and two generously sized bowls ideal for large mixes. There was very little we didn’t like about this model; the bakes produced were flawless.
Read our full Kenwood Titanium Chef Baker XL review.
Bosch CreationLine MUM5XW10 kitchen machine
Best stand mixer and food processor hybrid
Star rating: 5/5
Looking for a couple of different pieces of kit? This Bosch model offers real bang for your buck, serving as both a stand mixer and food processor. It’s intuitive to use and there are in-built weighing scales plus a timer function. All the attachments are dishwasher-safe and come with a handy storage bag.
More like this
Read our full Bosch CreationLine kitchen machine review.
Kenwood Titanium Chef Patissier XL
Best blow-out stand mixer for doughs
Star rating: 5/5
If you’re after a stand mixer with all the bells and whistles, this Kenwood model is a great choice. It’s packed with more useful features than any other model on this list, including integrated scales, an additional 7-litre EasyWarm bowl, a touchscreen display and a unique warming function. It’s sophisticated, modern and powerful, and a fantastic buy for keen home bakers.
Read our full Kenwood Titanium Chef Patissier XL review.
KitchenAid Artisan 4.8L
Best stand mixer for range of colours
Star rating: 4.5/5
Earning the title of KitchenAid’s most iconic stand mixer is no mean feat, but the KitchenAid Artisan is so recognisable, it’s no surprise it has. It’s simply designed compared to some of the Kenwoods we’ve tested, but comes with a deceptively powerful motor and sturdy attachments. We’re only seeing the plain colours available at the moment, but we’re hoping to see more of the vast array of colours come on sale throughout the month.
Read our full KitchenAid 5KSM125 review.
Morphy Richards MixStar
Best compact stand mixer
Star rating: 4.5/5
This is the model for people short on space. This compact little machine features all the traditional functions without taking up the large footprint of traditional models. The MixStar shone when making cake, but produced light buns and glossy meringues, too.
Read our full Morphy Richards MixStar review.
Best stand mixer for luxe kitchens
Star rating 4.5/5
The kMix range is a great option if you’re after the power of Kenwood’s Chef range without the large footprint. This model features the same hardwearing attachments and powerful motor, producing uber light cakes and fluffy meringue, even with one egg white.
Read our full Kenwood kMix review.
Cuisinart Precision Stand Mixer
Best large-capacity stand mixer for affordability
Star rating: 4/5
If you’re after a stand mixer but can’t afford a KitchenAid or Kenwood (even after the discount), this Cuisinart model serves as an impressive alternative that’s great for large bakes. Each accessory is well built and this model efficiently works its way through key mixing, whisking and kneading tasks.
Read our full Cuisinart Precision stand mixer review.
KitchenAid 3.3-litre stand mixer
Best stand mixer for small kitchens
Star rating: 4/5
Short on space but after an impressive stand mixer? This model from KitchenAid has all the things we love about its stand mixers, packaged up into a smaller body. Smooth controls and a powerful motor make this the ideal choice for small bakes and single loaves.
Read our full KitchenAid 3.3-litre stand mixer review.
How to shop safely online
A good rule of thumb to follow is, if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. You can reduce the risk of being scammed by shopping through reputable retailers you know and trust, and avoid sites or private sellers you don’t recognise or are suggested to you via social media.
Avoid giving out personal information similar to security questions as they could also be used to predict passwords, and use the recommended secure payment methods when buying online. We also won’t be adding any links to this page unless we’re fully comfortable with the brand.
How do we find stand mixer deals?
When we search for stand mixer deals, we look through a wide range of retailer sites to see what’s being offered. There are regularly dedicated sales days where we find the best deals, too, with brands like Amazon, Argos and John Lewis.
As retailers compete with each other, we often find prices go up and down a few times, so we continue to track every price to make sure you’re always getting the best saving possible, and update this page accordingly.
We also look at the small retailers as well as the big ones, as they sometimes offer a price that larger brands cannot. Our aim is to help you find the biggest and best stand mixer deals, whichever the retailer.
How do we select stand mixer deals?
There are a variety of stand mixer discounts around, but those that are listed here are the top performers of more than 40 shortlisted, tested and reviewed by BBC Good Food reviews experts.
We put each stand mixer through its paces using thoroughly tested recipes, which assess both their performance on everyday kitchen tasks and additional functions. You can find out which models performed best in our guide to the best stand mixers.
How to get a good stand mixer deal
- Look at reviews: we can all be swayed by a deal that looks good, but you won’t want to risk the model you have your eye on being a dud. Our experts have tested a range of different stand mixers on the market, so we really do know the best ones out there. Each review is impartial and includes up-to-date advice on the products actually worth your money.
- Stick to a budget: to make the most of the discounts available, try to set a budget and stick to it.
- When you see a price you like, buy it: sales like these are great opportunities to save, but they won’t be around for long, so don’t hang around.
- Use tools to alert you to good deals: sites like CamelCamelCamel track the price history of Amazon products.
How to calculate your KwH usage
The wattage of stand mixers can vary wildly. Some only require a couple of hundred watts, others reach the thousands. It’s unlikely that you’ll have to run your stand mixer for longer than 15 minutes continuously, but it’s still worth knowing how much it’s going to cost you.
This simple sum will help you work out a stand mixer’s kWh usage. Take the wattage and multiply it by the hours of use per day (for less than an hour you’ll need to make this a decimal), then divide the total by 1000.
The final cost per kWh will depend on two factors: your energy tariff rate and where you live.