Beef Tenderloin Sous Vide
I know you’re going to love this easy beef tenderloin recipe. It’s so juicy, tender, and full of flavor. Plus, it will save room in your oven just like our Beef Tenderloin on the grill recipe! These two recipes are true favorites for the holidays!
- It’s so tender: I love beef tenderloin recipes, but this one goes above and beyond. It is so tender and easy to cook perfectly every time using a sous vide machine.
- It’s easy to make: Sous vide cooking means less hands-on work, less clean-up, and less fussing over cooking your beef perfectly. Put it in a bag, seal it up tight, then set it in the sous vide cooker until it’s cooked through and ready to sear. Easy!
I tried making my first beef tenderloin sous vide and followed this recipe. It was absolutely perfect! Thank you!
Jill via email
What is sous vide cooking?
Sous vide is a cooking technique where you first vacuum seal food in a bag, then cook it in a water bath using a sous vide machine. You may also see it referred to as a sous vide cooker, precision cooker, or immersion cooker.
Water bath cooking is the best way to ensure your perfect desired degree of doneness every time, with little to no effort. The best restaurants are all using sous vide to cook their beef and more—and you can, too!
Tenderloin Sous Vide Ingredients
- Beef tenderloin
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Minced garlic
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
To finish the sous vide beef tenderloin off, we sear it in garlic herb butter. This is one of the best sauces for beef tenderloin, and searing with it is a great way to make the beef even juicier and tender.
Choose sea salt over regular table salt if possible! You will notice the difference in flavor and the beautiful crust it gives the tenderloin when seared.
Beef Tenderloin in Sous Vide Instructions
- Combine rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Mix together, then generously coat your beef tenderloin with the seasoning. Pat it down so it’s packed against the beef.
- Optionally, top your beef tenderloin with about 3 to 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary. Then, seal it tightly in a plastic zip-lock bag, pushing air out of the bag as you do.
- Attach the sous vide cooker to a large pot filled with water. Set the temperature to 140°F and place the bag of beef tenderloin in the pot. Clip it to the side of the pot so the beef is submerged, but the bag is secure. You don’t want any water getting into the bag.
- Cook for 2 hours. The internal temperature should read about 135°F for medium rare. When done, remove from the bag and set aside on a plate. Heat butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle in a few extra pinches of seasoning.
- Add sous vide beef tenderloin to the pan and sear on all sides. While the beef sears, add the roast beef drippings from the sous vide bag to the pan.
- Spoon garlic herb butter over the top while the meat sears. This is the secret to cooking a perfect tenderloin!
Beef Tenderloin Temperature
Follow our Beef Temperature Chart to find the perfect temperature for your beef. Use a meat thermometer when grilling so you know exactly when to pull it off of the heat.
Check the beef internal temp using a meat thermometer for best results.
|Beef Doneness||Internal Temperature|
|Rare beef temp||125°F – bright red in the middle|
|Medium-rare roast||135°F – warm red in the middle with slight pink around the edges|
|Medium roast||145°F – warm pink throughout|
|Medium-well roast||150°F – slightly pink at the center|
|Well-done roast||160°F -fall-apart shredded beef|
Beef Loin Sous Vide Tips
- Seal the bag tightly, pushing out any excess air, so no water enters it while cooking and the meat is sealed firmly inside. This is very important!
- Don’t forget to clip your bag to the side of the pot. The bag will stay in place this way and your tenderloin will be perfectly submerged.
- Definitely choose sea salt over regular table salt if possible! You will notice the difference in flavor and the beautiful crust it gives the tenderloin when seared.
Beef Tenderloin Recipes
Holiday Roast Recipes
Best Sous Vide Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!
Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!