Detroit-style pizza, known for its thick, crisp crust, is loved for its unique flavor and texture.
However, leftover pizza is an inevitability, and you’ll want to know how to properly reheat this style of pizza to enjoy those last few slices without compromising the crisp crust and flavor.
This guide will explore How To Reheat Detroit Style Pizza so you can enjoy your leftovers almost as much as the fresh pizza.
How To Reheat Detroit Style Pizza
How To Reheat Detroit Style Pizza in the Oven
Detroit-style pizza has a thick, cheese-covered crust that bakes up crispier and taller than regular pizza. To reheat leftover Detroit-style pizza in the oven, preheat the oven to 300 to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the pie directly on the center oven rack and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is warmed through and the cheese is slightly melted.
Keep an eye on it to avoid overcooking. Brushing the crust or cheese with olive oil before reheating can help restore some of its crispiness.
How To Reheat Detroit Style Pizza in the Microwave
Place leftover Detroit-style pizza on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on medium power for 30-second intervals, rotating the pizza a quarter turn after each interval.
Check the temperature after each interval and continue microwaving until the pizza is warmed through, being careful not to overcook the crust.
The pizza will become softer and chewier after microwaving. Brush olive oil on the crust and bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for a couple of minutes to recrisp.
How To Reheat Detroit Style Pizza in the Stovetop
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add the leftover Detroit-style pizza.
Cover with a lid and heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is crisp and the cheese is slightly melted.
Check periodically and rotate or flip the pizza with a spatula to evenly heat. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with olive oil to recrisp the crust, if desired.
The pan method evenly heats the pizza and results in a crispier crust than microwaving.
How To Reheat Detroit Style Pizza in the Air Fryer
Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the leftover Detroit-style pizza directly on the air fryer basket.
Air fry for 8 to 10 minutes, using the shake function once halfway through for even crisping, until the crust is warmed through and the cheese is slightly melted. Brush olive oil on the crust after reheating to restore crispiness.
he air fryer offers a quick and easy way to reheat Detroit-style pizza with a crisp result.
How To Reheat Detroit Style Pizza in the Grill
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Brush or spray the grill grates with olive oil. Place the leftover Detroit-style pizza directly on the grill grates.
Cover and grill for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is crisp and the cheese is slightly melted, flipping halfway through.
Transfer to a platter and drizzle with olive oil to recrisp, if desired. Grilling the pizza imparts a nice smoky flavor and crisp texture.
What Is the Best Way to Reheat Detroit Style Pizza?
Determining the best way to reheat a Detroit Style pizza depends a lot on preferences and taste. Some people like the crispy crust,so they reheat soon. Others let pizza get hotter,chewier crust. Each method produces different results, consider which works best.
What to Serve with Detroit Style Pizza
Here are my recommendations for what to serve alongside Detroit-style pizza:
- Pepsi – Detroit-style pizza originated in the Motor City, so pairing it with a Detroit-favorite beverage like Pepsi is a no-brainer. The sweet, slightly acidic cola is a perfect complement to the cheesy, crispy pizza.
- Garlic Bread – The sauce-soaked bread sticks offer another vehicle for enjoying the flavors of the sauce and cheese. Cut thick slices of Italian bread and brush or spread with garlic butter before baking until crispy.
- Caesar Salad – The crisp, peppery lettuce and Parmesan-rich dressing refresh the palate between pizza bites. Keep it simple with romaine lettuce, croutons, dressing and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Italian Sub Sandwiches – Layer deli meats, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on crusty Italian rolls for pick-up style bites that pair perfectly with the pizza. Meatball and Italian sausage options work especially well.
- Charcuterie Board – Make a DIY antipasto spread with Italian meats, cheeses, olives, roasted peppers and marinated artichokes. Crunchy breadsticks are the ideal companion.
- Spicy Calamari – Fried calamari is a classic Italian appetizer. For a Detroit twist, try tossing the calamari rings in a spicy breading mix before frying until crispy. Serve with lemon wedges and marinara for dipping.
Hope these options inspire beverages and sides to serve alongside your next Detroit-style pizza party!
Tip to Reheating Detroit Style Pizza
Detroit-style pizza is a delicious and unique style of pizza that is typically baked in a deep, rectangular pan, resulting in a thick, crispy crust with a chewy interior. When it comes to reheating Detroit-style pizza, there are a few tips to keep in mind to ensure that the crust stays crispy and the cheese remains gooey and melted.
Here are some tips to help you reheat your Detroit-style pizza:
- Use an oven: The best way to reheat Detroit-style pizza is in the oven. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and place your pizza on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Cover the pizza: To prevent the cheese from drying out, cover your pizza with aluminum foil while it’s reheating in the oven.
- Use a skillet: If you don’t have an oven, you can reheat your Detroit-style pizza in a skillet. Place the pizza in a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cover the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
- Add moisture: To prevent the crust from becoming too dry, you can add a small amount of water to the skillet or baking sheet before reheating your pizza. This will create steam, which will help to keep the crust moist.
- Don’t microwave: While it may be tempting to reheat your pizza in the microwave, this can result in a soggy crust and rubbery cheese. Stick to the oven or skillet for the best results.
By following these tips, you can enjoy your leftover Detroit-style pizza just as much as you did the first time around!
In conclusion, reheating Detroit style pizza is a simple process that can be done using a variety of methods.
However, the best way to reheat this type of pizza is in the oven, as it helps to preserve the crust’s crispy texture and melty cheese.
If using a microwave, it is important to cover the pizza with a damp paper towel to prevent it from becoming too dry.
Alternatively, using a skillet or griddle can also be effective, especially if you want to add some extra crispiness to the crust.
Overall, by following these tips and techniques for reheating Detroit style pizza, you can enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal that tastes just as good as when it was first served.
How do I reheat Detroit-style pizza?
To reheat Detroit-style pizza, preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the pizza slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
Can I reheat Detroit-style pizza in the microwave?
While you can reheat Detroit-style pizza in the microwave, it may result in a soggy crust and unevenly melted cheese. It’s best to use an oven or toaster oven for the best results.
How long can I keep Detroit-style pizza in the fridge before reheating?
You can keep Detroit-style pizza in the fridge for up to 4 days before reheating.
Can I freeze Detroit-style pizza?
Yes, you can freeze Detroit-style pizza. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be frozen for up to 2 months.
How do I reheat frozen Detroit-style pizza?
To reheat frozen Detroit-style pizza, preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the frozen pizza on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
Can I reheat Detroit-style pizza more than once?
It’s best to avoid reheating pizza more than once, as it can impact the texture and taste. If you have leftover pizza, try to reheat it all at once rather than in multiple batches.
Can I reheat Detroit-style pizza on a stove top?
While it’s possible to reheat pizza on a stove top, it can be challenging to get the crust crispy without burning the cheese. An oven or toaster oven is typically the best option.
Should I cover the pizza when reheating it in the oven?
It’s best to leave the pizza uncovered when reheating it in the oven to help the crust get crispy. Covering the pizza can result in a soggy crust.
Can I reheat Detroit-style pizza in a toaster oven?
Yes, a toaster oven is a great option for reheating Detroit-style pizza. Preheat the toaster oven to 375°F and bake the pizza slices for 10-15 minutes.
Can I reheat Detroit-style pizza in an air fryer?
While it’s possible to reheat pizza in an air fryer, it may not result in the best texture. The cheese can become rubbery, and the crust may not get crispy. An oven or toaster oven is typically a better option.
Since a young age, my love for pizza has only grown stronger. As a writer, I am dedicated my career to exploring the art behind a perfect pie. From the crisp crunch of the crust to the perfect blend of savory sauce and gooey cheese, I dedicated to captures the essence of what makes pizza so beloved. With each article, I hopes to inspire others to share in my passion for this timeless dish.
#Reheat #Detroit #Style #Pizza, 1687968183