Pizza is the perfect food. It’s delicious, easy to make, and everyone loves it! If you are looking for a way to add more flavor to your pizza night, try making homemade dough!
If you are search for how to make homemade pizza with store bought dough. You are in the right place.
With this recipe, you can enjoy pizza without all the extra calories and preservatives. All you need are your favorite toppings, some sauce or pesto, and a few other ingredients that will be listed below.
Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to make homemade pizza with store bought dough! We hope these tips help make your next pizza night even better than before!
The Secret To A Good Crust
When talking about how to make homemade pizza with store bought dough, a good crust is the key for you to success with delicious pizza. Now we discover how you can have a good crust.
Choose Dough Wisely
Many pizza doughs you will find in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store are topped with sugar. This is an easy way for companies to make their pizzas taste sweeter, but this is not healthy at all!
Instead, look for dough that does not have sugar listed as one of its first ingredients. A few brands that are very popular are Bob’s Red Mill or Pillsbury. Use whatever works best for you!
Make Sure You Oil It Right
When spreading out your store bought pizza dough, be sure to oil your hands before you start pressing the edges together. This will prevent them from sticking when you’re putting it in the pan. Who wants to spend time trying to pry apart a stuck pizza, only to realize they missed an area?
Unlike other recipes on our site, we don’t recommend cooking this dough for 10-12 minutes. If you leave the cooked dough in the pan too long, it will get hard and stiff. You want to take it out while the crust is still soft and chewy. Trust us; your taste buds will appreciate it!
Place A Pan Underneath Before Cooking & Enjoy Two Great Recipes In One Place!
We’re all busy people who can sometimes forget to do things. If you are making two different dishes that both require your oven, why not cook them at the same time by rotating halfway through?
This is especially helpful when you are cooking pizza, which can get messy.
Place a pan on the lowest rack in your oven and cook your dough for 6 – 8 minutes on 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, place any other foods you would like to eat in the higher level of the oven. Rotate halfway through and enjoy a great meal with less clean up!
That’s All There Is To It!
This dough is perfect when you want something different from regular pizza or if you are tired of ordering delivery all the time.
With store bought pizza dough, it only takes about 15 minutes to make delicious homemade pizza that everyone will love! Now it’s time to go into more details about how to make homemade pizza with store bought dough.
Preparing to make Homemade Pizza With Store Bought Dough
- Pizza dough of your choice *see above for helpful tips!
- Olive oil
- Your favorite pizza sauce or pesto, enough to cover the top of your pizza. Other topping ideas include mushrooms, peppers, onions, and pineapple.
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Round cookie cutter (10″ diameter) or a cup that is the same size as the circumference of you pan.
- We recommend using a metal cup so it can be used with both glass and non-stick pans!
The Few Ingredients You’ll Need
There are just a few ingredients that are needed when making this recipe.
The first ingredient is dough. Any type of dough will work for this! You can get store bought dough or make your own using the recipe below.
Next, you’ll need some sauce or pesto to spread on top of the pizza before adding the toppings.
And of course, you’ll want to include your favorite toppings! Get creative with this one; there are so many options when it comes to pizza toppings!
Don’t hold back – anything goes with homemade pizza!
Or more specifically:
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Sauce or Pesto
- Store-Bought Pizza Dough
- A Baking Sheet
- Olive Oil
- Salt, Garlic, Pepper
- Optional Personal Favorite Pizza Toppings
When using the ingredients, feel free to add more or less according to personal preference.
How To Make Homemade Pizza With Store Bought Dough?Step-by-step Guide
Step 1) You have to know how to get premade dough to rise. Whichever bread is used, be sure that it has been allowed to rest and rise. If the dough does not rise, your pizza will end up with a flat and flavorless crust!
Notice: Wrap in plastic wrap and let it sit out for 1 hour. This helps the dough rise.
Step 2) Once the dough has risen (about an hour should do the trick!), cut it into two equal halves for two small pizzas. Now we’re ready to start making our homemade pizza!
Step 3) When making pizza, the first thing you need to do is press both sides of your dough against a lightly floured surface.
This will create an outside crust that can withstand being cooked on top with no problems!
Step 4) After pressing the dough together, grab a rolling pin and roll each side into an even circle. It is important that you are able to do this without causing any dents or holes in the crusts!
Step 5) Once your homemade pizza dough has been rolled out into circles, place both on a lightly floured cookie sheet.
Step 6) Use olive oil to brush the top of each pizza with an even coating of oil. You can use as much or as little as desired based on your personal preference for how oily you like your homemade pizzas!
Step 7) Place salt, garlic, and pepper on top of the exposed dough. This will give it some extra flavor while cooking, making each bite more delicious than before!
Step 8) Pre-bake the crust for 3-4 minutes before topping. This helps seal the dough so that the toppings don’t make it soggy.
Step 9) Spread sauce or pesto on top of each pizza. Now it’s time to add your favorite toppings! Anything goes when it comes to homemade pizzas – get creative with this one!
All of these make delicious pizzas when topped with sauce and cheese (or any toppings you might enjoy!)
We recommend using pesto as an alternative sauce. If you do not like pesto, try using pizza sauce or even a can of crushed tomatoes!
Step 10) Add all your favorite toppings onto the pizza next! Spinach, pepperoni, mushrooms. Anything goes with homemade pizza night! Be creative with this one.
Step 11) Place shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the other ingredients for an extra tasty experience.
Step 12) Preheat oven to 475F (246C) degrees, with the baking sheet inside the oven preheating as well to get it nice and hot.
Step 13) Place the pizza in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly like how it should be!
Step 14) Once cooked, remove from heat and serve hot! Your homemade pizza is now complete! Enjoy this scrumptious meal with family and friends; you deserve it after all the hard work that was put into this dish.
And there you have it, we have walkthrough into a detail guide for the perfect recipe on how to make homemade pizza with store bought dough.
Now, doesn’t that sound great?
How about trying this out tonight!? Your family will love it. Be sure to save this recipe and share it with your friends as well.
Why Should You Use Store Bought Dough In Making Homemade Pizza?
I love to go the store and pick up all my ingredients for pizza night. Convenience is really important, which makes it perfect that this cooking process only takes about thirty minutes!
With all the time that is saved, it only makes sense to use store bought dough when making homemade pizza.
Why spend an hour in the kitchen when you can do something else? Instead of making homemade dough, why not pick up a ball from your local grocery store? Check with your local pizzerias as well – they may have some for sale!
Tips For Making The Perfect Homemade Pizza
There are many tips that will help make your homemade pizza perfect every time. These tips include:
- If you’re using store bought dough, it’s best to roll out the dough using a rolling pin. Make sure to roll it out evenly – spread the sauce on top of this as well!
- If using store bought dough, use only one when putting together your pizza. If you use two, they will stick together which can ruin all that hard work!
- Season the crust. Sprinkle the crust with parmesan and a light sprinkle of salt.
- Making sure to preheat the baking sheet in the oven for about ten minutes before adding your pizza dough.
- Using tongs so you do not burn yourself and to turn the dough over on both sides when cooking it in the pan with oil.
- Making sure to use a generous amount of sauce or pesto as well as shredded mozzarella cheese for maximum flavor.
- You can add any toppings you want onto the pizza, for example, add spinach, mushrooms, and pepperoni which turned out delicious!
- Place the pizza in the oven heated at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. You can also use an outdoor grill if available or even eat raw dough with some dipping sauce.
- Cook the pizza twice. First, cook the premade dough “naked” without any toppings. On the second trip to the oven, add all the ingredients and cook the pizza until the cheese melts and the crust is golden brown.
- Don’t use a ton of sauce. Use enough to get a light coating of flavor on the pizza.
- Add any fresh herbs, like basil, after the pizza is done baking (so the herbs don’t wilt).
Where to buy premade store bought pizza dough?
If you are researching for how to make homemade pizza with store bought dough, all you need is a premium premade pizza dough. It will decide the tasty of you homemade pizza.
You can buy store bought dough at your local grocery store or even ask for some pizza dough from your local pizzeria. It is also possible to make the dough yourself if you prefer!
However, remember that it’s best to use store bought dough in making homemade pizza since this cooking process only takes about thirty minutes.
That means that you will have more time to do other things instead of creating homemade pizza with fresh made dough!
When purchasing fresh made pizza dough just be sure not to buy too much as this might go bad before you can actually use it all up.
Storing pizza dough in the fridge or freezer
Store your pizza dough in the fridge if you do not plan on using it within 20 minutes. As soon as the store bought dough has been opened, it should be stored in the refrigerator.
If planning to use the dough for another day or so, then place it in a freezer bag and put this inside the freezer instead of the fridge.
Since this cooking process only takes about thirty minutes, why not go out and get yourself some store bought dough today? You will surely save time doing so, which means more time for other activities!
Pizza topping ideas for homemade pizza
· Green peppers
· Ham and pineapple
There are many different toppings ideas for making your own homemade pizza. A good recipes about homemade pizza with store bought dough is a recipe that give you how to make a tasty topping.
Store-bought dough is really easy to get, but if you want to make it at home then here’s the recipe:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (if mixing by hand, use approximately 1/2 cup less)
- 1 teaspoon salt (less if using salted butter)
- 1 envelope or 2¼ teaspoons (1/4 ounce package) active dry yeast
- Cornmeal or semolina flour about 3 tablespoons for dusting pan
1. Stir the yeast into the warm water in a small bowl until it dissolves completely
2. Mix in sugar
3. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes
4. Mix in salt and butter
5. Add the yeast mixture to the flour
6. Gently mix ingredients together with a fork, then mix with hands
- Place on greased cookie sheet or pizza pan
- Put your sauce in one bowl and all of your toppings in another bowl
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit or 220 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes before baking the pizzas
- Spread out the dough onto a greased pan for 10 seconds
- Bake for 12-15 minutos depending on how well done you want it
Some of Tasty tips and notes for making homemade pizza
1. If the dough is very sticky, dust it with flour first. This will help you stretch it out easier without tearing the dough.
2. Spread sauce onto your pizza first rather than adding toppings first to prevent soggy bottom crusts!
3. Cooked sausage can be used as an alternate for ground beef!
4. The easiest way to cut back on fat is to take off the excess oil from pepperoni by blotting it with a paper towel before putting them on your pizza dough!
5. Add some basil leaves or oregano once you’ve put all of your ingredients onto your pizza!
6. Place another pan underneath the pan that you’re cooking your pizza on. This will catch any excess oil that drips from the pizza and make it less oily overall!
And now for an example of a recipe using these tips:
– Cooked sausage can be used as an alternate for ground beef
– The easiest way to cut back on fat is to take off the excess oil from pepperoni by blotting it with a paper towel before putting them on your pizza dough
– Add some basil leaves or oregano once you’ve put all of your ingredients onto your pizza
– Place another pan underneath the pan that you’re cooking your pizza on. This will catch any excess oil that drips from the pizza and make it less oily overall!
All of those tips above is our experience on making pizza and collect all best tips about how to make homemade pizza with store bought dough.
More pizza recipes to make at home from BrooklynCraftPizza
· Taco Pizza
· Pizza Garlic Bread With Cheese
· Chicken and Biscuits Crumble
· Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe
- 1/4 cup flour ( 4 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt (1 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tsp baking powder (3 to 4 tsp)
- 3 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, chopped into small pieces (6 tbsp), plus extra for greasing 14 oz all-purpose flour (28 oz)
- 8 1/2 fl oz water (14 1/2 fl oz and 2 teaspoons less than a quarter of a standard 375 ml bottle or can of beer. You can use any other not so carbonated drink like coca cola.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (225 degrees Celsius) and place a baking sheet on the top rack.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and then add butter and cheese into it.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal, about 30 seconds.
- Pour water over dough and use a rubber spatula to mix until all of the loose particles have been moistened. Turn out onto floured work surface and gather dough together with hands.
- Knead for 1 minute or so until ball forms, dusting with additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Divide dough in half, shaping each half into 5-inch circle using floured fingers Dust pizza peel or inverted rimmed baking sheet with cornmeal or flour, then using your hands or rolling pin, stretch out each disk into 12-inch circle.
- If dough tears, patch with pieces of overlapping dough until you have a single round. Brush with olive oil and bake for 10 to 14 minutes on top rack of oven until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before topping with cheese, sauce or other toppings
You can pick any store bought pizza dough for this recipe but the best kind are the ones stored in the refrigerator section of grocery stores near their premade pizzas!
These kinds definitely taste better than ones stored at room temperature so I would recommend buying these kinds if possible!
And also remember to save some time by making two pizzas instead of one! You can freeze one of these pizzas for later use and they taste just as good when microwaved!
FAQs about How To Make Homemade Pizza With Store Bought Dough
What is the best flour for making pizza dough?
The answer to this question will vary depending on who you ask, as different flours work better for different people.
That said, we recommend sticking with wheat flour, since it has a high gluten content and will be able to hold onto the bubbles of carbon dioxide released by yeast. This makes it easier to roll out your pizza dough. As a result, our recipe calls for all-purpose flour!
All-purpose flour is one of the best flours for pizza. It can create thin New York style crusts and Neopolitan-style pizzas with its elasticity, or deep dish pie dough to give you that authentic feel down south!
What is the difference between pizza flour and all-purpose flour?
The Italian ’00’ flour is a finer, much less gritty version of regular wheat. It has almost no gluten which makes it great for creating crispy crusts or pasta!
If you’ve ever worked with this type in your kitchen before making pizzas, then chances are good that when combined with water and other ingredients like tomatoes sauce vegetables garlic salt olive oil butter there will be an incredible distinction between stiffness.
Think about using these items to create doughballs; they’ll feel softer than room-temperature butter but stiffer than damp bread dough because “00” flour is in fact a combination of wheat and high-protein durum semolina.
Where can you purchase ingredients such as live yeast?
If you plan on baking bread frequently (such as during bread-making season), then we highly suggest investing in live yeast! You can find this product at most grocery stores in the baking aisle.
What type of sauce works for homemade pizza?
There are many types, but the most common used in this recipe is red sauce. You can make your own or buy it at the store!
Is it possible to make homemade pizza sauce?
Yes! It’s actually very simple and can be done by throwing all your favorite ingredients into a food processor. Tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and salt are some suggestions when making homemade pizza sauce.
What do I use to blend dough for homemade pizza?
You can use a fork or spoon to mix the ingredients together until it forms into a dough. If you are looking for perfectly blended dough then it’s recommended that you use a stand mixer with bread hooking attachments installed on it.
What is the best way to stretch out pizza dough?
Lightly oil your countertop and knead the dough on it. Continue to push and pull the dough until it begins to stretch out.
For best results, use your hand and fingers to stretch it out instead of rolling pins or other kitchen equipment. This process makes for more fun and authentic pizza-making experience!
How is it possible to cook pizza at home and have the crust come out crunchy?
The secret to a crispy crust is baking your pizza on a preheated pan. This will create more heat and give you that oven-baked like feel. Your oven should be set between 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit, and most pans can go up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit!
Is it possible to thaw frozen pizza dough?
Thaw your pizza dough at room temperature in a medium-sized bowl with a damp towel over the top of it.
Allow for an hour or two before using in order to take off the initial “frozen” chill. If you’re familiar with making bread, then yeast dough works much in the same way! Thawing and rising are very important when it comes to homemade pizza!
What type of cheese should be used in pizza?
For the most part, mozzarella is always a safe option when it comes to making homemade pizzas because you can buy it in pre-shredded packages or by itself at pretty much any grocery store. Other cheeses that are commonly seen on pizza include provolone, cheddar and parmesan!
Can you use your own homemade pizza sauce instead of store bought?
Yes! Your homemade pizza sauce will work well during your next cooking adventure. Just remember: Pizza night means more delicious and flavorful meals (just like real life)!
How do you fix a bland pizza?
If you find that your pie tastes a bit bland, try grating some fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano on top to add the saltiness of freshly cut cheese.
Final words on How To Make Homemade Pizza With Store Bought Dough
We all love pizza, but what if you could make your own? You can! This recipe is easy and doesn’t require any special equipment.
Remember these tips and you’ll end up with a great homemade pizza. Now I trust that you got a detail guide on how to make homemade pizza with store bought dough.
Whether it’s for your family or an easy dinner date, we hope this article has helped you make the perfect pie.
Let us know how it goes! We’d love to hear from you. Share any tasty pictures of your creations on our Facebook page so we can see them too. Happy cooking!
Originally posted 2023-05-26 04:49:26.
#Homemade #Pizza #Store #Bought #Dough #Recipes #Tips, 1687750609