Hibachi rice is a delicious and savory dish that often accompanies hibachi-style meals. But did you know that you can how to cook hibachi rice on Blackstone griddle at home? It’s easy, fast, and will taste just as good as any restaurant hibachi rice. In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps to prepare the perfect hibachi rice on your Blackstone griddle. You don’t need any fancy equipment or exotic ingredients to do so; all you need is your trusty Blackstone griddle, a few simple ingredients, and some tricks of the trade.
Can you cook hibachi on a Blackstone?
Yes, you can! The flat-top surface of a Blackstone griddle makes it the ideal cooking tool for hibachi-style meals. It allows for even heat distribution and easily replicates the same results as a traditional hibachi grill. With just a few adjustments, your Blackstone griddle can cook up perfectly charred hibachi rice.
Is hibachi rice the same as fried rice?
While both hibachi rice and fried rice are stir-fried dishes, they differ in a few key aspects. Hibachi rice is typically cooked on a flat-top grill and often involves the use of soy sauce, while fried rice is commonly cooked in a wok and may include other ingredients such as vegetables or protein.
Blackstone hibachi rice ingredients
- 3 cups of cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup of frozen peas and carrots (or any other vegetable you prefer)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Soy sauce, to taste
How to cook hibachi rice on Blackstone griddle
Steps for cooking hibachi rice on a Blackstone griddle:
Step 1: Preparing the rice
The first step in cooking hibachi rice is preparing the rice. You will need short-grain rice, which is also known as sushi rice. One cup of rice can make up to four servings of hibachi-style rice. Rinse the rice in cold water until the water becomes clear. Then, let it sit in cold water for an hour to soak. Once the rice is done, let it drain in a colander for a few minutes.
Step 2: Cooking hibachi rice on Blackstone griddle
Heat up your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat and add in two tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil. Add in your drained rice to the griddle and let it cook for a few minutes. The rice should start to get a little crispy. Push the rice to one side of the griddle and crack two eggs into the empty space. Scramble the eggs on the griddle, and once it’s cooked, mix it with the rice. Add in some diced onions and carrots to the griddle and cook for another minute.
Step 3: Adding flavors
The last step is to add in your hibachi-style flavors to make the rice feel more authentic. Add in soy sauce and any other seasonings to your liking. You can also add in some green onions or frozen peas to add some color and flavor. Mix everything together and let it cook for another minute or two until everything is heated through.
Step 4: Serving the rice
After knowing how to cook hibachi rice on Blackstone. Also learn about catering for the perfect meal. Your hibachi rice is now done and ready to serve. Transfer the rice to a bowl and top it off with some sesame seeds and any additional toppings you would like. If you’re serving this rice as part of a hibachi-style meal, consider serving it alongside some meat or veggies cooked on your Blackstone griddle.
Blackstone hibachi rice tips
- Cook the rice ahead of time and let it cool in the fridge. Cold rice is easier to handle and results in a better texture for hibachi rice.
- Use clarified butter or ghee instead of regular butter for a more authentic flavor.
- Make sure your Blackstone griddle is preheated before adding any ingredients.
How to reheat hibachi fried rice?
- In a skillet, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat.
- Add the hibachi rice and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- To prevent the rice from becoming too dry, you can add a splash of water or soy sauce while reheating.
How to store hibachi fried rice?
- Allow the hibachi rice to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
- You can store hibachi rice in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to make hibachi fried rice on stovetop?
You can make hibachi fried rice doesn’t require a special griddle. The process and ingredients for stovetop-made hibachi fried rice are similar to those when using a Blackstone griddle.
- Step 1: Prepare the rice by following the instructions mentioned above.
- Step 2: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in two tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil.
- Step 3: Add in your drained rice to the skillet and let it cook for a few minutes until it starts to get crispy.
- Step 4: Push the rice to one side of the skillet and scramble two eggs on the empty space.
- Step 5: Add in diced onions, carrots, and any other vegetables you prefer to the skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- Step 6: Season with soy sauce and any other seasonings of your choice.
- Step 7: Serve hot and enjoy.
Conclusion: how to cook hibachi rice on Blackstone
Cooking hibachi-style rice on your Blackstone griddle is not as daunting as it may seem. Using this guide, you can whip up a batch of savory and tasty hibachi rice right from the comfort of your own home. The key is how to cook hibachi rice on Blackstone, cook everything on high heat, and add in your favorite hibachi flavors to make it authentic. So, grab your Blackstone griddle and get cooking.
FAQ: hibachi rice
What oil is best for hibachi rice on Blackstone?
Toasted sesame oil is the oil of choice for hibachi rice cooked on a Blackstone Griddle. It adds flavor and has a high smoke point, ensuring that it won’t burn at high temperatures. Garlic butter can also be used for additional flavor.
Can I use olive oil on Blackstone when cooking hibachi rice?
Olive oil, butter and vegetable oil can all be used to fry and flavor hibachi rice on a Blackstone. A small amount of sesame oil should be added at the end of the cooking process to add flavor.
What kind of rice is used for hibachi?
Hibachi rice is usually made with Calrose rice, while Chinese fried rice uses long grain rice. The key difference between hibachi and regular fried rice is that hibachi is cooked on a griddle or hot plate.
How long does it take to cook hibachi on the Blackstone?
Blackstone Hibachi takes 50 minutes to prepare and cook. It requires 30 minutes of preparation time and 20 minutes of cooking time.
What seasoning is used in hibachi rice?
Hibachi rice is seasoned with a blend of soy sauce, mirin, and honey. The dish is finished with a drizzle of sesame oil for a rich, nutty taste and green onions provide a pop of fresh flavor.
Does hibachi rice use butter?
Hibachi Fried Rice is a Japanese-style stir fry dish made with cooked rice, butter, soy sauce, and other ingredients. The dish has a savory flavor from the large amount of butter used.
Daniel Mauney is the Chef/Owner of tapp room Restaurants. He has been in the industry for over 20 years, and his restaurants have been featured in magazines and newspapers all over the country. Daniel’s food is heavily influenced by his travels, and he enjoys incorporating unique flavors and spices into his dishes.
#cook #hibachi #rice #Blackstone #griddle, 1700137540